Drug-Free World Foundation volunteers urge parents to talk to their children about drugs. And that’s why.
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, USA, June 2, 2022 /EINPresswire.com/ — “It’s important to communicate with your children,” said the president of a chapter of the Foundation for a Drug-Free World during a seminar for a union of parents in Athens, Greece.
Foundation volunteers make this point to parents in similar presentations in cities around the world.
The U.S. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration has found that:
* When parents talk to their children early and often about alcohol and other drugs, they can protect them from the high-risk behaviors associated with drug use.
* The earlier the parents start talking, the better.
* The earlier these discussions about alcohol and other drugs take place, the greater the chances that parents will influence their decisions.
* If parents don’t talk about the risks of alcohol and substance use, children may see no harm in experimenting with these substances.
Additionally, according to the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime: “for every dollar spent on prevention, at least ten can be saved in future health, social and criminal costs.”
So why are parents often reluctant to have these conversations? Because they feel like they don’t know enough about commonly used substances to talk about them. And even if they do, they don’t feel confident to get their point across. That’s why the Foundation’s Truth About Drugs initiative is such an effective system for parents.
The materials present:
* A factual and concise overview of what exactly the drugs are, how they work and what they do
* Their street names
* The long and short term side effects of the most common substances.
To educate children and teens about this crucial topic, The Truth About Drugs brochures and videos are presented in youth-friendly terms. And they hear it from those who have experienced addiction and survived to tell their stories.
To help parents gain even more confidence in presenting this information to their children, the Foundation for a Drug Free World also offers interactive Truth About Drugs courses – www.drugfreeworld.org/course – designed for help parents and their children learn this. information at their own pace.
Learn more about the Truth About Drugs initiative and the Foundation for a Drug-Free World on the Scientology Network, where drug prevention advocates creating change with the program are featured in episodes of the original series Voices for Humanity.
The Foundation for a Drug-Free World is a volunteer-based organization with a network of 200 chapters around the world. With support from the Church of Scientology and Scientologists, the Foundation provides the Truth About Drugs lay program and materials free of charge to drug educators around the world.
Watch them on DIRECTV Channel 320 or stream them on www.Scientology.tv, mobile apps, and via Roku, Amazon Fire, and Apple TV platforms.
Church of Scientology International
write to us here
Visit us on social media: