Lake Charles, LA (KPLC) – The Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office says detectives from the Combined Drug Task Force (CAT) and CPSO ACT Team made four arrests and seized approximately $23,000 from illegal drugs in a house on Aster St. in Lake Charles.
Spokeswoman Kayla Vincent said detectives executed a search warrant at the Aster Street home after a two-month investigation on November 17, 2022.
Elliot J. Allison, 55, and Jacquetta N. Brown, 35, were both arrested by authorities at the home.
Both Allison and Brown were incarcerated at Calcasieu Correctional Center for:
- Possession of a Schedule I drug (marijuana) with intent to distribute.
- Possession of a Schedule I drug (synthetic marijuana) with intent to distribute.
- Possession of a Schedule II drug (cocaine) with intent to distribute.
- Possession of a Schedule II drug (crack cocaine) with intent to distribute.
- Possession of a Schedule II drug (hydrocodone).
- Operation of a clandestine laboratory.
- Possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Money laundering involving proceeds of crime.
Allison’s bond was set at $312,000 and is also charged with 4 counts of distributing a Schedule II drug.
Judge Kendrick Guidry set Brown’s bail at $31,500.
The Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office says it has also learned that Allison is currently on parole until July 2027 on gun and drug-related charges, while Brown is currently on probation until October. 2024 on drug-related charges.
Additionally, deputies say two men were at the home at the time of the search. They were both also arrested and later released on misdemeanor citations, one for possession of a Schedule I drug and the other for possession of drug paraphernalia.
At the home, detectives say they seized:
- 1.2 pounds of powdered cocaine.
- 17.22 grams of crack.
- 4 doses of hydrocodone.
- 2.2 pounds of marijuana.
- 36.96 grams of synthetic marijuana.
- Equipment used to make crack.
- And $6,493.
Team CAT is a collaborative effort between local, state, and federal law enforcement officials with the goal of tracking and stopping the trafficking of illegal substances in Calcasieu Parish.
Copyright 2022 KPLC. All rights reserved.