2 drug suspects dead in QC; 68 million pesos of illegal drugs seized

0

Photo of the PNP

MANILA, Philippines — Two suspected drug traffickers have been killed during a takeover operation in Quezon City, the Philippine National Police (PNP) reported on Wednesday.

The officer in charge of the PNP, Lt. Gen. Vicente Danao Jr., said the anti-illegal drug operation was carried out at the Barangay UP campus in Diliman, Quezon City on May 30.

Danao also said police and Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) officers tried to arrest the suspects by dispatching a poser-buyer.

“During the supposed transaction, this certain uncle, as well as his cohort, sensed that they were dealing with a policeman. So they immediately drew their firearms and shot the poseur buyer,” according to Danao.

“This prompted our officers, in self-defense, to engage the suspects to stop the assault,” he added.

The said suspects were rushed to hospital but were pronounced dead upon arrival.

Investigators determined that the two suspects were both armed with .45 caliber pistols, after the crime scene was searched by forensic scientists.

Authorities also recovered nine pieces of green tea bags containing illegal substances valued at 68 million pesos.

“We won’t stop until we identify the suspects. This is essential for building a solid file follow-up. So far, all the evidence has been secured to prove the actual circumstances,” Danao said.

RELATED STORIES

1.36 million pesos worth of meth seized from suspects in Quezon City bust-buy

NBI breaks 2 in QC lair; seized 65 million pesos worth of various illegal drugs and powerful firearms

KGA

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

Read more

Don’t miss the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to access The Philippine Daily Inquirer and over 70 titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am and share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

For comments, complaints or inquiries, contact us.

Share.

About Author

Comments are closed.